As technology and healthcare continue to advance at rapid speed, and we are entering a new frontier shaped by connectivity, Ohio is once again emerging as a leader of innovation.
- Total VC investments in Ohio startups hit $373m in 2015, a 16% increase over 2014. (Tweet this)
- 167 Ohio startups received investments. (Tweet this)
- 29 investors HQ’d in Ohio and 77 out of state investors made investments in Ohio companies. (Tweet this)
- Though total U.S. venture capital availability decreased by 9% in 2015, venture capital availability in Ohio bucked the trend, increasing by 22% to $296 million over 2014. (Tweet this)
- There is an estimated $1 billion unmet opportunity for venture capital in Ohio. (Tweet this)
Ohio is the innovation hub of the midwest – it’s where the future is happening. The 2015 VentureReport showcases opportunity and innovation in America’s heartland. With an influx of new local capital and more eyes on Ohio companies every day, we are on a great trajectory and just getting started.
Help us tell Ohio’s story by downloading the 2015 VentureReport and sharing it with your network today.